Ricardo "Rick" I. Gutierrez, Jr., D.M.D. graduated from the University of the East School of Dentistry in 1969 in Manila, Philippines.
- Member in good standing: ADA (American Dental Association), CDA (California Dental Association), SFVDS (San Fernando Valley Dental Society), AGD (Academy of General Dentists)
- Branemark System, University of Munster, Germany (1991) - Dr. Fhoury/ Asst. Prof. B. Friberg.
- Southern California Filipino Dental Society- President - (1986- 1988)
- National Association of Filipino Dentists in America (NAFDA) - President - (2001-2002)
- American Society of Osseointegration - Associate Fellow
- The American College of Oral Implantology - Fellow
- The International Congress of Oral Implantologists - Diplomate
- Progressive Orthodontics
- Invisalign Certification
COMMUNITY/ CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- Provides free dental treatment to children at the Burbank Kids Community Dental Clinic once a month as a volunteer dentist - (to present)
- Headed the dental team of the Lions Medical - Dental Mission to the Philippines in the provinces of Pampanga, Tarlac, Bulacan, and Batangas.
- Fil- Am Lions Club of Los Angeles, District 4-L3 - President - (1999-2000)
- Lions Clubs International, District 4-L3 - Zone A Chairman, Northern Region (2000-2001)
- Chairman of Lions Club International, District 4-L3 - Committee on Diabetes, Drugs, and Alcohol Awareness (2001-2002)
- Circulo Pampangueno of Southern California - President - (1998-2000)
- The Philippine- American Convention and Exposition Leadership Award - (1998)
- The Kiwanis Club Outstanding Leadership Award - (1998)
- Lions Clubs International Melvin Jones Fellow - (2000) - Progressive - (2003)